- Experience performing on-page Search Engine Optimization
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Have created tailored online marketing strategies (link building, outreach, and social)
- Keyword analysis (using programs such as Keyword Discovery, Wordtracker, and Google Adwords Keyword Planner)
- Competitive analysis – Reviewing top competitor sites for target keywords. Checking optimization techniques applied, analyzing backlinks and outbound links and the strategies they have used to gain traffic
- Have experience working on sites in various industries and competitive niches such as Cosmetic Surgery, Law, and Real Estate and many others.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and some experience with PHP and ASP
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and Expression Engine.
- Some experience with Pay Per Click advertising. I have written and tested ad copy, managed various budgets, and made campaign modifications based on the success of campaigns.
- Extensive knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Experienced with Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Experience using website analytics software such as Google Analytics and Piwik
• 2003 -2005 Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology, ITT Technical Institute
• 7/05/08 – Current
Sr. Specialist, Inflow (formerly seOverflow)
I have had various roles while working with Inflow. I started at Inflow as a search optimization specialist, which required technical reviews of clients websites, site architecture design, keyword research and on-page SEO implementation. I also created the original SEO technical audit product that Inflow now sells as a service.
As the needs for Inflow changed, I joined the link building department to help clients with inbound marketing. I have created tailored marketing strategies based on client industry, goals, budget, and assets. I have created content (blog posts, infographics, videos, link bait, social media) and have managed many freelance writers to assist in creating content. I helped evolve the link building team by continuously researching, testing and implementing new strategies.
I have also handled technical issues such as .htaccess creation, site/page redirects, canonicalization, created robots.txt and XML sitemap files, analytics review and reporting.
• 1/02/08 – 7/01/08
Internet Marketing Specialist, Mango Media
While at Mango Media I performed keyword research, I did strategy creation, and performed on-page SEO optimization for a wide range of clients in varying industries. I helped my clients earn traffic, build backlinks, and increase rankings for their target keywords. Working in a small growing company such as Mango Media gave me experience in building processes from scratch and organizing the SEO department.
• 10/01/05 – 12/15/07
Senior Optimization Specialist, Page 1 Solutions
At Page 1 Solutions I managed upwards of 50 SEO projects at a time. I helped these clients achieve greater ranking results in various search engines. A big part of my job included keeping up to date with the latest techniques in SEO and internet marketing, such as link building, competitive analysis and research, and sharing my knowledge with the team. Being the Senior Optimization Specialist, I also interviewed many applicants and hired for positions in the SEO department.
• 7/05/05 – 9/30/05
Quality Assurance Tester, IBeta, LLC (contract position)
I tested video game software for defects and anomalies. My job included reporting bugs and communicating with project managers and game designers.
(provided upon request)